Rebecca Garza Plastic Surgery
322 U.S. 41 #103
Schererville, IN 46375
Phone: (219) 322-3131
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Typically, our patients recover quickly with few, if any, complications. But we understand that the prospect of surgery can be a little scary, especially if you require twilight or general anesthesia. Many cosmetic plastic surgery patients have never been “put under.” Our board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Rebecca Garza takes the time to reassure her patients that she entrusts them only to the capable hands of a board-certified M.D. anesthesiologist and/or a board-certified nurse anesthetist. Both types of practitioners are skilled at addressing the needs of people having outpatient surgery.
Our patients, who come to our plastic surgery practice from Crown Point, Munster, and throughout Northwest Indiana, enjoy the comfort and privacy of having their surgery in an outpatient surgical suite. Dr. Garza is happy to share additional details when you meet with her in person.
What To Expect
Here’s a brief outline of what to expect on the day of your procedure:
- Arrive 1 hour before your scheduled surgery time
- Register and fill out any required paperwork
- Get prepped for surgery and review your medical history with the nursing staff
- If your procedure will include twilight or general anesthesia, meet with the MD anesthesiologist and have an IV inserted
- Be wheeled to the operating room and have anesthesia administered
- Have your procedure
- Move to a recovery room to be monitored until fully awake
- Meet with your family and friends, get something to drink, and wait until you receive clearance to head home
- Have a friend or loved one drive you home
A member of our surgery center staff will call you the next day to make sure you are comfortable and have had a satisfying experience. Depending on the procedure, you will then return to our office for one or more follow-up visits in the weeks and months to come.
Meet Your Surgeon,
Rebecca Garza, M.D.
Dr. Garza is one of the most accomplished female board-certified plastic surgeons in Indiana and the Chicagoland area. She completed elite fellowship training and is active in several prestigious professional associations, including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, The Aesthetic Society, and the American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery. She performs a full range of facial procedures, as well as breast enhancement and body contouring, all tailored to your personal needs.More About Dr. Garza